Know Where You Sleep




Many of us move into homes just based on their location, price, and looks. Yet only a handful of us study and weigh any potential home based on its history because, ultimately, it is ITS HISTORY that matters more than its price, location, and looks.

When negative vibrations are released into any space, they have nowhere to go but to stay. Every action emits either a positive or negative vibration. Some spaces are loaded with positive energies, and some with only negative. Negative energy eats up positive vibrations fast, and children and animals can detect these vibrations quicker than adults.

When I was about 9 years old, my family took us for a vacation to Port Said, an Egyptian fishing port where the Nile meets the Mediterranean. As soon as we arrived into our hotel room, my brother and two sisters started fighting viciously over something stupid. My parents had one room to themselves, while us kids were put together in another. When I tried leaving the room to call my parents to tell them my siblings were about to kill each other, the door was locked.So I banged on the door for a long time crying for help, but nobody on the outside seemed to be able to hear me. Only when I called their room by phone, did my dad rush over to stop the fighting. Both my parents said they didn't hear anything, and the manager was called to see how the door had locked itself from the inside.

Later that night, I woke up to the sound of a man crying for help in Arabic. The noise was coming from the closet. I got scared so I tried waking up my brother or sisters, but they were deep in sleep to care. But then I thought that maybe something happened to my parents since the sounds were also coming through the wall. So I ran to the door, and again it wouldn't open. I banged on it a few times but nobody could hear me. So I called their room again, and my dad came, opened the door normally, and investigated the room. He didn't find anything. So I asked if I could go sleep with them and he said "NO". So I started crying to go back with him to his room, but instead, he slapped me a few times, threw me back on the bed, and slammed the door on his way out. I had always troubled my parents by never sleeping at night. I still do.

With the lights turned off, the noises started happening again, so I forced my sister awake to listen to them, but she couldn't hear anything and went back to sleep. Then I woke up my brother and he stayed up with me for a bit, but also couldn't hear anything. I thought that maybe I was losing my mind! But the next morning, somehow I had managed to open the hotel room at one point in the night, and had fallen asleep right outside of my parent's hotel room door. They carried me back into their room to sleep, while they all got ready and went for breakfast. And while at breakfast, the manager expressed his concern about finding me sleeping outside my parent's door. He thought it was cruel punishment. So my dad told him I kept saying there was a man screaming in the closet and went to sleep there by myself. And that's when the manager told him that there was a man brutally beaten and killed in the closet years ago. He locked in there and eventually set on fire.

I once lived in a home that was brand new, but its foundation used to be an ancient burial ground. Two suicides also happened there in a previous house built on the same ground. One burned down, and ours eventually got set on fire by lightning. You would have never known that property was cursed just by looking at a new contemporary house built on it. You would only discover that truth way later when you were forced to live in it. I have no good memories of that house. Those were the most turbulent years of my life.

Homes where murders, suicides, and lots of physical/verbal/mental abuse took place, are the worst homes to live in. You are basically moving into a black space with a depressing future. If you feel abnormal bouts of depression, anger, strife, conflict, fear, and hopelessness in your life, it could be your home. We spend more time in our homes than outside of them. You can have the best relationship in the world, but it can turn sour just by the negative energy in the place you are living in. Most of the time, people don't understand that their negative attitudes and constant fighting could simply be a result of the negative vibrations of their environment. If you change the space, the fighting ceases, and the love continues. If you live in a place where the previous owners have only blossomed in love, then most likely the energy of the place is good. But if you discover that the previous owners got divorced after living there, or lost their jobs or business, you may want to investigate the history of that place even further. Believe me, it is worth it! The vibrations in your living environment become a reflection of YOU. Energy also needs food to flourish, and it can only feed off of other energy. Dousing a room with incense is only a quick fix. You can never erase another man's history no matter how hard you try. -- Suzy Kassem (7/2/2012)