The People I Love and Respect




There is a guy living across from me owns a BMW 745 and a Porsche. And another man next to me drives a very basic, humble car. The first guy lives in a tiny one room condo and eats McDonald's every day. He has no substance to him, is dumb as a nail, and sells I-Pads on Ebay only to buy material items to make him look wealthy. He does not even own his property, and his cars are purchased on credit. The second guy, lives very modestly, is extremely intelligent, is loaded with substance, personality, and charm -- yet he dresses like a bum. Meeting him, you would not know that his dad is a Nigerian diplomat and a member of the UN. You would not know that he has gone to international schools all his life, speaks several languages, and has lived in many countries. You would have never guessed by looking at him...that he is a son of the privileged elite and is worth millions. Why not? Because he does not need to prove a thing to anybody. THAT is the kind of friend I LOVE.

Nothing turns me off more than a man who creates an image on the surface to compensate for his lack of SUBSTANCE. I do not care for guys who must have luxury cars -- especially those who buy them on credit and live in houses they don't own either (and ones much smaller than their cars). FOR WHAT? I would rather have the man who dresses like a bum, drives a shitty car -- but is loaded with talent, intelligence, depth, personality, or character. I have friends from both groups -- those that buy everything on credit because they want "the best". And those who are the best and don't buy anything extravagant on credit. When I ask some of my friends to take a vacation with me, they tell me they have to work to pay off their debts for their "toys"-- AND they complain about their work. Nobody told them to buy luxury cars they can't afford. But to some people, image is everything and substance is nothing. NEVER create an image if you can't produce it. To me, that is the most disgusting thing in the world. If you need to prove to people that are you are worth something, then you probably aren't worth a dime. Those that are truly worth something, do not need to prove anything to anybody. Their mind and experiences will reveal to you how rich they really are.

When you act superficial, you only attract other superficial people, and it will be hard to find someone who loves you for who you really are. When you act real and humble, you will attract real people who love the truth in you, and love you for YOU and nothing more. Unconditional love does comes with one condition...that you always be YOU and ONLY YOU always and forever. -- Suzy Kassem (6/28/2012)