The Suzy Kassem Story - Part 1 of 11


INTRODUCTION

I was thrown into my room early on the night of my 7th birthday. I was in tears and very hurt that nobody in my family had even remembered it being my special day. It was customary at my elementary school for parents to stop by with trendy TV show-themed decorative plates and cakes to celebrate their kids' birthdays. I used to slip back in my seat watching normal parents share treats with the rest of the kids, and pray in my mind that I would one day be normal -- and be treated normal like the other normal kids. That day has still yet to come.

As I was lying in bed staring up at the ceiling, praying again, I noticed a flood of bright white light shine through my bedroom window. At first, I assumed it was from the car lights of a vehicle pulling up to our driveway, as hosting evening guests from Egypt was normal in our household – at all hours. However, as the light stayed stationary and never seemed to fade, I stood up in my bed to take a better look at what could be lingering outside.

There, in front of my young eyes, was an ensemble of beings made of intense white light. My tears quickly faded as I immediately became seduced by the warmth of the energy that was now flashing inside my once cold room. There was not just one or two of these luminous beings, but a whole army of them just staring at me from behind the glass with the same exact curiosity and admiration of parents observing their baby just born in a hospital. I remember not being afraid, because somehow without words, they assured me not to fear them. We shared a conversation that I still do not remember until this day. However, I do remember that we never communicated with actual words. Our transactions were always telepathic.

They continued their visits for days, weeks, months, and years. They never left my side; however, I did start noticing patterns in their visits. These beings always amplified so much light whenever they arrived together. When they stood before me, shoulder to shoulder, their energies created more illumination as a collective unit, than the solo being that would wander off to visit me by itself. Sometimes, even in daylight, I would see one running from room to room with the aloof energy of a lost child. When one came alone, it never had that much light around it. It would trip, stumble, fall over furniture and then storm off to go hide if one of my siblings were entering a room. Yet, when they all arrived beaming together, they were powerful and strong in their synergistic whole.

The next year, on my 8th birthday, I went about my day at school with the same sorrow haunting my insides as the year before. However, something odd happened that day that I shall never forget. There was a knock outside of my classroom door. When the teacher went to open it, she returned carrying a huge cake with decorative Dukes of Hazzard cups and plates! She was stumbling to read a message that was illegibly scrawled across a napkin. And when she finally did, I was so surprised when she called out my name telling me I had received a special delivery for my birthday. I couldn’t believe it. I was so happy I felt myself beaming inside in a way I had never felt before in my entire short existence!

Then she handed me the napkin and went about cutting the cake to divide and distribute to the classroom. I shoved the note into my corduroy pants and fully engaged myself in that day’s lesson -- so excited that my parents had finally turned NORMAL!

However, when I arrived home, I noticed the vibrations in the house had not changed a bit. But still, I ran up to my mom and hugged her for the cake. She shrugged saying she didn’t even know it was my birthday! I showed her the crunched up note in my pocket and she convinced me it wasn't from her. Then when my father came back from work, I ran up to him too and hugged him for dropping off the cake, and he too said he didn’t even know it was my birthday! I sat in the corner of our living room, studying all of them, analyzing the tones in the house, and realized my family was genuinely clueless and still as dysfunctional as ever!

The next day at school, I hit up every teacher, every person serving food in the cafeteria, the custodian, and even the principal asking them if they had delivered me the cake! My teacher eventually felt sorry for me and went through great lengths trying to examine the writing on the napkin. Following a thorough scan, she came to the conclusion that it didn't resemble the penmanship of anybody on the staff, or a single student at school. She claimed it looked like a kindergartner had written it, but she didn't know of any that were advanced enough to piece together actual words to form sentences. I made such a big fuss about it, that the principal finally made an announcement through the school’s intercom advising everyone that if anybody knew anything about it to report to his office at once. Nobody ever came.

That night, as I was lying in my bed with turbulent thoughts swimming around in my mind, the lights appeared again. And without even having to turn my head to acknowledge their presence, I smiled until I faded off to sleep.

THE SUZY KASSEM STORYPART 1 of 11 by Suzy Kassem, Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

Share/Bookmark