Turtle Bloodsuckers

Sea turtles are such delicate and sacred creatures that to see them harmed puts a dagger in my heart. I'm not kidding. Something doesn't feel right about the picture at all.

When first I came across a large sea turtle underwater in Hawaii, I felt this wave of majestic energy swim by in front of me. Laid-back in its natural habitat, a sea turtle expels an aura of all-knowing wisdom and great inner peace. I love them because they seem so super-maintained under that hard-wrinkled surface, unless you box one in -- then it acts dumb as a nail.

So I stumbled upon this sight at a street market in El Manchaya in Alexandria, Egypt (see below). Terrorized by the sight, I asked my dad's friend, a native and a doctor of alternative medicine, why they chopped up the turtles. He told me they drain them to sell their blood to people as medicine to drink. He said turtle blood is said to have psychological and medicinal effects beyond standardized medicine. It is said to heal humans internally and externally, reverses illnesses and even aging.

Do your own research on the therapeutic benefits of turtles, and their blood. It seems to be an eastern phenomena.



I pass.