Living Large




LIVING DISNEY

I live in an animated world
Where neverending stories are told
Tales of princes and saints
And glorious knights and heroes
Homes are made of glass
And castles filled with gold
With signs outside on the grass
That read,
Seized, Foreclosed, or Sold.
There are Kings and Queens
And pimps, nymphs, and hoes
Elves and thieves
And even fairies that glow.
Welcome to my magical kingdom
Just follow the yellow marks on the road
There are enchanting chemical trails in the skies
And colorful rainbows that explode
We give names to our hurricanes
And even to our deadly blizzards
And honor our cult witches
And even glorify their lizards
Once upon a time
There was a chiseled land of Truth
That has since drowned and fizzled
And now we have cities loaded
With buck-tooth bitches
And fat mice playing
Sorcerers and wizards.
Instead of seeds, buns and rice
Our monarchy feeds us
Tagged guns and knives
They ask us to go, run and protect ourselves
In case the bearded pirates should ever strike
They even have wands for everything
And potions for all
Pop this pill to make you taller
And this one –
This one drink will make you lose weight
And feel small.
I live in a colorful world of make-believe
Everyone dresses in costumes
And weaves what they want you to perceive
Hear what you want to hear
See what you want to see
All sets are carefully crafted and
Controlled to deceive
Those that perceive this illustrated dream as reality
Go on to really achieve --
But those that see the insanity
Fall through the rabbit hole and bleed.
There are poisons not just in our apples
But in all our water and foods
No doves or saints seen in our chapels
And prices are high and crude
There are Dumbos everywhere
And dwarves galore--
They all have different names
Yet they all complain of the same sores
But not a gnome in my fortress
Will stand up to flip the score
They'd rather live in the same rerun cartoon
Than fight to change the storyboard.

Take my friend Anton,
Who I caught on my way
To the store:

Yo! I got my Mickey Mouse hat on
And my I-Pod is blasting the latest hits --

Goofy's going to pick me up
And we're hitting the mall to pick up chicks

I'm straight up O-G, Dawg!
I'm living large

I'm living Disney
I'm flashing da bling bling with my ghetto swing

And the shorties are gonna dig me!


=Blue Panther=
"LIVING DISNEY" by Suzy Kassem
Copyright 2008-2009. All rights reserved.